[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine oVirt 3.6 iscsi multipath

Julian De Marchi julian at jdcomputers.com.au
Thu Jul 21 00:09:15 UTC 2016

On 20/07/2016 5:28 PM, Simone Tiraboschi wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 7:09 AM, Julian De Marchi
> <julian at jdcomputers.com.au> wrote:
>> heya--
>>
>> i have an ovirt 3.6 installation. all my iscsi LUNs are mulipath, however
>> the hostedengine storage is not.
>>
>> i tried to import the hostedengine storage domain into my cluster but got a
>> warning it is controlled via another oVirt cluster. i accepted the warning
>> and imported anyway, but it crashed my hosted engine and hosted-engine
>> broker restarted as expected.
>
> You don't have to try manually importing it: the engine will
> automatically import once you correctly added your first regular
> storage domain.

When I first installed my 3.6 oVirt cluster, there was a bug where the
storage domain didn't show up after first deploy. I have since upgraded
the cluster to the latest oVirt 3.6, and the sotrage domain appeared,
however I never tried to import it until now.

>> i am curious of how to configure multipath for the hosted engine storage
>> domain ?
>
> We have an open RFE for that, unfortunately it's still not ready.

Thanks. My reason for looking into this is I need to reboot my prod SAN
switch. I have the ports split between my two SAN switches, however only
hostedengine is not multi-path, so during a reboot I will loose access
to the LUN.

Any solutions to the problem with oVirt? Shutting down the cluster is
not an option.

--julian