[ovirt-users] Cannot configure/save Network Interfaces in a freshly installed oVirt Node 4.0.1

Michael Burman mburman at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 07:12:36 UTC 2016

Hi Ariel,

It seems like you assigned a role to this network , from the name of your
network 'migration', i guess you assigned this network with migration role.)
In such case, this role requires a boot protocol(static ip or dhcp).
You can't setup networks if your network has one of this roles
(migration/display/gluster).

So, if you want this network to be your migration network, you must assign
a boot protocol.
If you don't want this network to be a migration network, you can choose
the default network for this 'ovirtmgmt' via the 'Clusters' main tab >
'Logical Networks' sub tab.

Thanks,

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 6:26 PM, Ariel Perez - BookIt.com System
Administrator <ariel.perez at bookit.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm trying to save the Network Interfaces configuration in a freshly
> installed hypervisor in version 4.0.1, and I'm getting this error:
>

> Error while executing action:
>
> blade1c1.ism.ld:
>
>    - Cannot setup Networks. Role (migration/display/gluster) network
>    'migration' hasn't boot protocol assigned.
>

> The configuration is exactly the same as in the rest of the nodes (3.6
> latest one). I've been googling it but nothing.
>
> Thank u in advance,
>
> Ariel
>
> --
> This email was Virus checked by UTM 9. For issues please contact the Windows Systems Admin.

Michael Burman
RedHat Israel, RHEV-M QE Network Team

Mobile: 054-5355725
IRC: mburman