[ovirt-users] New host HE 4.0 -> [ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Environment customization': Specified gateway is not pingable

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 07:53:23 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Matt . <yamakasi.014 at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I already thought that but where is this saved as I don't have any
> rights as root to the ha_agent folder on the HE storage ?

It's not a folder: it's a tar file directly saved over a VDSM volume.
Editing it's a bit tricky.

> In worst case scenario, how would i be able to deploy a new hosted
> engine from a hosted engine ? This sounds undoable to me and also
> unwanted as the HE is OK so far.

With a 4.0 engine, when you choose to deploy a new host from the
webadmin or from the rest API you can also choose to deploy it as an
hosted-engine host if the engine has been deployed with hosted-engine.
In this case, if I'm not wrong, you can also specify a different gateway value.