[ovirt-users] Upgrade 3.6 to 4.0 and "ghost" incompatible cluster version

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 09:13:44 UTC 2016

"Federico Sayd" <fsayd at uncu.edu.ar> writes:

> I'm trying to upgrade ovirt 3.6.3 to 4.0, but engine-setup complaints about upgrading from incompatible version 3.3
>
> I see in the engine-setup log that  vds_groups table is checked to determine
> the compatibility version. The logs shows that engine-setup detects 2 clusters
> versions: 3.3 and 3.6. Indeed, there is 2 clusters registered in the table:
> "cluster-3.6" and "Default"
>
> "Cluster-3.6" (version 3.6)  is the only cluster in DC in my ovirt setup.
> "Default" (version 3.3)  should be a cluster that surely I deleted in a past upgrade.
>
> Why a cluster named "Default" (with compatibility version 3.3) is still present
> in vds_group table? Cluster "Default" isn't displayed anywhere in the web
> interface.

It looks like a bug to me.  The cluster should be either missing in the
database or present in the web interface.

Could you please provide us more details about the problem?  It might
help us to investigate the issue if you could do the following:

- Install ovirt-engine-webadmin-portal-debuginfo package.
- Restart Engine.
- Go to the main Clusters tab.
- Refresh the page in your browser.
- Send us the parts of engine.log and ui.log corresponding to the
  refresh action.

> Any clue to solve this issue?

As a workaround, if you are sure you don't have anything in Default
cluster, you may try to set compatibility_version to "3.6" for "Default"
cluster in vds_groups database table.