[ovirt-users] Network settings for multiple hosts

Alexis HAUSER alexis.hauser at telecom-bretagne.eu
Fri Jul 22 09:42:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

Since I use several hosts with ovirt, I get very unstable reactions everytime I change anything about networks...

What are the requirement for networks when using multiple hosts ? If I add a logical network to a NIC to my first host, the second host becomes non operationnal...Do I really need to have the exact same logical network on both hosts ?

If I add the same network on my second hosts with no IP adress, it still becomes non operationnal...Also there are unrelated errors with iSCSI disk when I do that, VDSM etc...But my main interface on that second host is still up and working with ovirtmgmt on it...And the new interface I try to add is checked as "non required".

Another weird thing is that ifconfig doesn't show my new logical network on my first host, even if it has a new logical network shown as up and working in the web interface (this one has a correct IP addressing). Restarting vdsmd on that host doesn't change anything.

Any idea of what is going on, and how I should proceed ?