[ovirt-users] Failed to connect Host to the Storage Domains hosted_storage.

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Fri Jul 22 13:47:44 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading from 3.5.x to 3.6.x. My hosted engine and
hosts in the primary cluster are all upgraded and appear to be running fine.

I have a second cluster of 2 machines which are just regular hosts, without
the hosted-engine. Both have been marked non-operational, with the
following messages logged about every 5 minutes:

Failed to connect Host perses to Storage Pool Default

Host perses cannot access the Storage Domain(s) hosted_storage attached to the Data Center Default. Setting Host state to Non-Operational.

Host perses reports about one of the Active Storage Domains as Problematic.

Failed to connect Host perses to Storage Servers

Failed to connect Host perses to the Storage Domains hosted_storage.

I could see the normal storage/iso/export domains mounted on the host, and
the VMs running on the host are fine.

I shut down the VMs on one host, put it in maintenance mode, installed 3.6
repo and ran yum update. All went well, but when I activated the host, same
deal.

I've attached the engine log snippet for the activation attempt.

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons