[ovirt-users] Failed to connect Host to the Storage Domains hosted_storage.

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 14:17:24 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Robert Story <rstory at tislabs.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm in the process of upgrading from 3.5.x to 3.6.x. My hosted engine and
> hosts in the primary cluster are all upgraded and appear to be running fine.
>
> I have a second cluster of 2 machines which are just regular hosts, without
> the hosted-engine. Both have been marked non-operational, with the
> following messages logged about every 5 minutes:
>

> Failed to connect Host perses to Storage Pool Default
>
> Host perses cannot access the Storage Domain(s) hosted_storage attached to the Data Center Default. Setting Host state to Non-Operational.
>
> Host perses reports about one of the Active Storage Domains as Problematic.
>
> Failed to connect Host perses to Storage Servers
>
> Failed to connect Host perses to the Storage Domains hosted_storage.
>

> I could see the normal storage/iso/export domains mounted on the host, and
> the VMs running on the host are fine.

In 3.5 only the hosts involved in hosted-engine have to access the
hosted-engine storage domain.
With 3.6 we introduced the capabilities to manage the engine VM from
the engine itself so the engine has to import in the hosted-engine
storage domain.
This means that all the hosts in the datacenter that contains the
cluster with the hosted-engine hosts have now to be able to connect
the hosted-engine storage domain.

Can you please check the ACL on the storage server (NFS or iSCSI) that
you use to expose the hosted-engine storage domain?