[ovirt-users] Failed to connect Host to the Storage Domains hosted_storage.

Ralf Schenk rs at databay.de
Fri Jul 22 14:48:49 UTC 2016

Hello,

I also see from the logs that all your Storage-Domains that work are
mounted as nfsVersion='V4' but ovirt-nfs.netsec:/ovirt/hosted-engine is
mounted as nfsVersion='null'.

Bye

Am 22.07.2016 um 16:17 schrieb Simone Tiraboschi:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Robert Story <rstory at tislabs.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm in the process of upgrading from 3.5.x to 3.6.x. My hosted engine and
>> hosts in the primary cluster are all upgraded and appear to be running fine.
>>
>> I have a second cluster of 2 machines which are just regular hosts, without
>> the hosted-engine. Both have been marked non-operational, with the
>> following messages logged about every 5 minutes:
>>

>> Failed to connect Host perses to Storage Pool Default
>>
>> Host perses cannot access the Storage Domain(s) hosted_storage attached to the Data Center Default. Setting Host state to Non-Operational.
>>
>> Host perses reports about one of the Active Storage Domains as Problematic.
>>
>> Failed to connect Host perses to Storage Servers
>>
>> Failed to connect Host perses to the Storage Domains hosted_storage.
>>

>> I could see the normal storage/iso/export domains mounted on the host, and
>> the VMs running on the host are fine.
> In 3.5 only the hosts involved in hosted-engine have to access the
> hosted-engine storage domain.
> With 3.6 we introduced the capabilities to manage the engine VM from
> the engine itself so the engine has to import in the hosted-engine
> storage domain.
> This means that all the hosts in the datacenter that contains the
> cluster with the hosted-engine hosts have now to be able to connect
> the hosted-engine storage domain.
>
> Can you please check the ACL on the storage server (NFS or iSCSI) that
> you use to expose the hosted-engine storage domain?
>
>> I shut down the VMs on one host, put it in maintenance mode, installed 3.6
>> repo and ran yum update. All went well, but when I activated the host, same
>> deal.
>>
>> I've attached the engine log snippet for the activation attempt.
>>
>> Robert
>>
>> --
>> Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons

*Ralf Schenk*
fon +49 (0) 24 05 / 40 83 70
fax +49 (0) 24 05 / 40 83 759
mail *rs at databay.de* <mailto:rs at databay.de>

*Databay AG*
Jens-Otto-Krag-Straße 11
D-52146 Würselen
*www.databay.de* <http://www.databay.de>

Sitz/Amtsgericht Aachen • HRB:8437 • USt-IdNr.: DE 210844202
Vorstand: Ralf Schenk, Dipl.-Ing. Jens Conze, Aresch Yavari, Dipl.-Kfm.
Philipp Hermanns
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Wilhelm Dohmen