[ovirt-users] Ansible oVirt storage management module

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Sun Jul 24 10:51:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 12:00 AM, Groten, Ryan <Ryan.Groten at stantec.com>
wrote:

> Hey Ansible users,
>

> I wrote a module for storage management and created a pull request to have
> it added as an Extra module in Ansible.  It can be used to
> create/delete/attach/destroy pool disks.
>

> https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-extras/pull/2509
>

> Ryan

Hi Ryan,

This looks really interesting and surely is useful.
My only comment would be that I think we should start to think about some
Python module for oVirt actions.
Otherwise, every project (this, ovirt-system-tests, others) that use the
ovirt Python SDK for oVirt automation more or less re-implement the same
functions.
What do you think?

Also, we are thinking about auto-generating such Ansible playbook (same way
as the SDKs are generated).
It might look less 'human', but it will always be complete and up-to-date
with all features.
Thanks,
Y.