[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine 4.0.1 GUI takes long time to be available after Engine start

Scott romracer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 22:34:05 UTC 2016

Hi Matt,

I noticed a similar issue with oVirt 4.0 that I did not see in 3.6.  In
this particular environment, I don't run the DNS resolvers so I can't speak
to as whether that was a problem at the time (I doubt it, but you never
know).

One thing that seemed to help for me was to increase available entropy.
The value in /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail on my hosted engine VM
was very low (like ~135).  To do this, I used haveged, since its not
possible to attach the virtio-rng device to the HostedEngine VM (hopefully
this changes in a future release).  After this, my available entropy
approaches 4096 (the default target in haveged).  I can't say for certain
this was the sole cause/effect, but it certainly seemed to help.

Scott