[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine & FC Data Domain

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Mon Jul 25 22:47:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

I had recently installed oVirt 4.0.1 Hosted Engine with FC (SAN) Storage.

I could install the oVirt, deploy hosted-engine. But when I accessed the
Engine Web Admin, I noticed the following:

a. There was no Data Domain. I had to import the FC LUN, on which the
Hosted Engine's Disk resided into Storage manually. But when I attempted
to attach the data domain to Data Center, it failed.

b. I ended up removing all configuration, and recreated the FC LUNs.
This time, I created two LUNs, on one LUN, the Hosted Engine resided.
This time, first, I had to import the second LUN as master Data Domain
and add the LUN on which Engine VM resided as just another Data Domain.

Now the questions:

i. Will Hosted Engine not automatically import the hosted_storage as
master data domain? Why does it throw error when attempted to import and
attach to DC?

ii. Is it necessary to have another data domain as master data domain,
before attaching hosted_storage?

iii. How do we change the master data domain from one to another?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava