[ovirt-users] master storage domain stuck in state "locked"

Kenneth Bingham w at qrk.us
Sat Jul 30 21:24:35 UTC 2016

Please help me determine whether this is a defect or user error.

The master storage domain "hosted_storage" was automatically imported in
oVirt
manager  when I created another new storage domain "/data", a Gluster FS
volume,
immediately after doing 'hosted-engine --deploy' on the "hosted_storage",
a.k.a.
"/engine" volume. The master storage domain transitioned to state "Locked",

which I   believe to be an intermediate state that should have
automatically
changed to state "Active". It appears to be stuck because there has been no

change for at least 8 hours. This may be the  cause of "ERROR

[org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]

(org.ovirt.thread.pool-8-thread-28) [] Correlation ID: null, Call Stack:
null,
Custom Event ID: -1, Message: VDSM <host name> command failed: Cannot find

master domain".

Self-Hosted Engine unique log hits for "hosted_storage" from
/var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log: http://pastebin.com/QaHQjB6z