[ovirt-users] illegal host split-state

Kenneth Bingham w at qrk.us
Sat Jul 30 23:24:12 UTC 2016

When I set local maintenance on the self-hosted engine hypervisor host
through
the manager GUI it becomes stuck in state "Preparing for maintenance". The

hosted engine virtual guest is automatically migrated because the HA broker
is
successfully set to maintenance mode=local. The host returns to state "Up"
in
the manager if I press button "Activate", but the column "Virtual Machines"

continues to count the migrated VM. If I then reboot the host it reverts to

state "Up" and the VM count no longer includes the vacated hosted engine,
so I'm
guessing it never *really* achieved state "Maintenance" even though the
event
log claims so immediately after the button is pressed. The condition
persists
after the reboot if the then-current hosted engine hypervisor host is again

assigned to mode "Maintenance". I'm running 4.0.1, and I've tried
restarting services
and rebooting the hosts and VM involved. I suspect it has something to do
with my other
thread about the locked storage domain.