[ovirt-users] master storage domain stuck in state "locked"

Kenneth Bingham w at qrk.us
Sun Jul 31 15:23:29 UTC 2016

This is release 4.0.1 Node hypervisor OS image. I installed 4.0.0 from the
.iso and upgraded via the ovirt-4.0 repo. I ended up starting over with the
hosted-engine --deploy and this time, instead of waiting for auto-import of
the /engine storage domain and the hosted engine VM's disk, I did it
manually and it succeeded. There may be a defect in the way that
auto-import functionality works.

I may be able to provide the complete log data, but it's not trivial
because it exists only as a .tar of the discarded hosted engine storage
domain. It would probably be easiest to reproduce the failure mode on a
fresh install.