[ovirt-users] Trunk port for a guest nic?

Edward Haas ehaas at redhat.com
Sun Jul 31 18:42:28 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Dan Lavu <dan at redhat.com> wrote:

> Sorry Edy, I totally missed this email.
>
> So, if my hypervisor I have 4 NICs,
>
> 0 ovirtmgmt (untagged vlan71)
> 1/2 bonded, trunk vlan 70,72-80
> 4 unplugged
>
> So i just create a trunk network, no tags and connect it to the bonded
> interface? Then attach it to my guest?

Yes.
When you do not define a vlan on the ovirt network, it means that
everything passes to it, tagged and non tagged.
When you connect the guest to that network, it will just pass all packets
as is (you will need to define the vlans in your guest to strip the
tagging).
I would start with one VLAN on the host, just to see that it works and then
proceed with the others. You may need to define macspoofing to allow
multiple
mac addresses to exit the same VM.