[ovirt-users] migrating a vm from a down node

Bill James bill.james at j2.com
Mon Jun 27 23:04:32 UTC 2016

I am doing some fault tolerance type testing with ovirt before we put it
in production.
One thing I noticed is if I unplug the power from a hardware node,
including iLo (fence),
that the VMs that were on that host go to unknown state.
I have found no way in the GUI to migrate the hosts, even they they are
marked HA.
The only way I've found so far is to modify the database directly.
Is that the only recovery from a host failure of this type?

engine=> update vm_dynamic set status = 0 where vm_guid =(select
engine(> vm_guid from vm_static where vm_name = 'myvm');

ovirt-engine-3.6.4.1-1.el7.centos.noarch
centos 7.2

Also is 3.6.4 a OK version to use or should I upgrade first?
(looks like 3.6.6.2-1.el7.centos is current latest)