[ovirt-users] Shutdown Problems on oVirt Node

Roger Meier roger.meier at 4synergy.com
Wed Mar 2 16:00:49 UTC 2016

Hi their

I have currently a strange problem on a new oVirt 3.6 installation. At
the moment a clean shutdown doesn't work, most of the time he reboots
the system or hangs in the shutdown progress.

I discovered this, when i tested our multiple UPS solution and send some
test signals over ipmi to our server with ex. ipmipower -h 192.168.2.218
-u root -p password --soft . We also discovered that shutdown -h now ,
poweroff or init 0 had the same effect.

On a clean CentOS installation, which is not included in our oVirt setup
this works as expected, but on our ovirt-node this doesn't work.

In the shutdown progress i see the following which tooks very long:
> A stop job is running for Shared Storage Lease Manager (23s / 1min 47s)

At the end i had then the following on my console screen:

[ OK ] Reached target Shutdown

Nothing more happens. no poweroff or something. I can wait more than
three minutes and nothing happens.

I also tried a clean re-install from the oVirt Administration WebUI but
this doesn't have any effect on this issue.

When i type "service sanlock stop" or "service vdsmd stop" in the server
console and then do a poweroff , all works as expected. The shutdown is
the also realy fast as expected.

At the moment we think that the problem is on ovirt, vdsmd or on the
sanlock settings for ovirt, because all settings on our site are on
default settings.

Currently Setup are two Intel Server (With RRM) with CentOS-7 (1511) and
oVirt 3.6.3 and one Intel Server with OpenIndiana which provides Storage
via NFS.

Had someone a solution for this? is this perhaps a bug and shoul'd  be
reported?

Greetings
Roger Meier