[ovirt-users] hosted engine setup failed for 10 minutes delay.. engine seems alive

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon May 2 18:39:31 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com>
wrote:

> >> I have not at hand now the server. I'll check soon and report
> >> Do you mean entropy of the physical server that will operate as
> hypervisor?
>
> On the hypervisor
>
> > That's a good question. Simone - do you know if we start the guest with
> > virtio-rng?
>
> AFAIK we are not.

On the only existing hypervisor, just after booting and exiting global
maintenance, causing hosted engine to start, I have

[root at ovirt01 ~]# uptime
 20:34:17 up 6 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.23, 0.20, 0.11

[root at ovirt01 ~]# cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail
3084

BTW on the self hosted engine VM:
[root at ovirt ~]# uptime
 18:35:33 up 4 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.25, 0.13

[root at ovirt ~]# cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail
14

On the hypervisor:
[root at ovirt01 ~]# ps -ef | grep [q]emu | grep virtio-rng
[root at ovirt01 ~]#

On engine VM:
[root at ovirt ~]# ll /dev/hwrng
ls: cannot access /dev/hwrng: No such file or directory
[root at ovirt ~]#

[root at ovirt ~]# lsmod | grep virtio_rng
[root at ovirt ~]#

May I change anything so that engine VM has virtio-rng enabled?

Gianluca