[ovirt-users] Hosted engine HA does not migrate on maintenance

Ralf Schenk rs at databay.de
Mon May 23 09:13:08 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've set up 3 Hosts of my 8 to be able to run hosted-engine (on
glusterfs). When I set the host running the HostedEngine to maintenance
the hosted-engine VM doesn't migrate to one of the other hosts.

I think a state as shown below (Host 1 in Local maintenance but engine
running on it) should't be possible. When setting maintenance and
observing Engine VM state in Management Interface I can see Status
"migrating from.." for a short time in the interface but VM is not
migrated and Status switches back to "Up" on the host which should be
prepared for maintenance.

[root at microcloud21 ~]# hosted-engine --vm-status

--== Host 1 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : microcloud21.mydomain
Host ID                            : 1
Engine status                      : {"health": "good", "vm": "up",
"detail": "up"}
Score                              : 0
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : True
crc32                              : 922bd955
Host timestamp                     : 426722

--== Host 2 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : microcloud24.mydomain
Host ID                            : 2
Engine status                      : {"reason": "vm not running on this
host", "health": "bad", "vm": "down", "detail": "unknown"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : a35888e4
Host timestamp                     : 312349

--== Host 3 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : microcloud27.mydomain
Host ID                            : 3
Engine status                      : {"reason": "vm not running on this
host", "health": "bad", "vm": "down", "detail": "unknown"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : 06e20597
Host timestamp                     : 312061

--

*Ralf Schenk*
fon +49 (0) 24 05 / 40 83 70

*Databay AG*
Jens-Otto-Krag-Straße 11
D-52146 Würselen
*www.databay.de* <http://www.databay.de>

Sitz/Amtsgericht Aachen • HRB:8437 • USt-IdNr.: DE 210844202
Vorstand: Ralf Schenk, Dipl.-Ing. Jens Conze, Aresch Yavari, Dipl.-Kfm.
Philipp Hermanns
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Klaus Scholzen (RA)