[ovirt-users] oVirt Engine Upgrade 3.6 to 4.0.4 - Next Steps?

Beckman, Daniel Daniel.Beckman at ingramcontent.com
Wed Nov 2 22:13:16 UTC 2016

So I’ve successfully upgraded my oVirt engine to 4.0.4, but my hosts are still running oVirt node 3.6 and the cluster and data center is still in 3.6 compatibilty mode. All of the oVirt documentation I’ve found is referencing 3.x. Can someone point me to updated documentation – does it exist? I found the equivalent documentation for the commercial product, RHV, but it (https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-virtualization/4.0/paged/upgrade-guide/32-upgrading-to-red-hat-virtualization-manager-40) doesn’t really address upgrading hosts from 3.6 to 4.x. Do 3.6 hosts have to be removed, wiped, and rebuilt from scratch? Or can they be upgraded to 4.x from the manager, or by booting from the 4.x ISO?

Thanks,
Daniel