[ovirt-users] desktop version of client?

Nicolás nicolas at devels.es
Thu Nov 3 16:54:58 UTC 2016

Hi Michal,

El 02/11/16 a las 16:31, Michal Skrivanek escribió:
> [...]
>
> I wonder…coincidentally we started to explore simplified and modern
> interface for use cases like yours.
> It’s by no means ready yet, but I wonder what you guys think about [1].
> It’s just a proof of concept but the goals are the same, it’s
> browser-based but much more lightweight than the current GWT Basic
> User Portal
>
> Thanks,
> michal
>
> [1] https://trello.com/c/blwDpjcJ

Looks good! This would even suffice our needs quite well. Actually, in
our case we tried to avoid using a web browser because these thin
clients are very specific for virtualization, so users should use them
*only* to manage their VMs and if they need to browse something, it
would be done from a VM they have access to (for example, a disposable
machine from a VmPool). Anyhow, this can also be done with a bit of
tweaking on the browser side, so if the project is finally released
we'll consider it.

Regards,

Nicolás