[ovirt-users] hosted-engine cant access engine appliance

Steffen Nolden steffen.nolden at alumni.fh-aachen.de
Tue Nov 8 08:35:53 UTC 2016

Hello Florian,

there is no problem to reslove the FQDN

[nolden at oVirtNode01 ~]$ nslookup oVirtEngine.com
Server:        192.168.122.1
Address:    192.168.122.1#53

Name:    oVirtEngine.com
Address: 192.168.122.201

The '/etc/hosts' file of each host is configured to resolve the name.

I tried it with stopped firewall,

[nolden at oVirtNode01 ~]$ sudo systemctl stop firewalld
[nolden at oVirtNode01 ~]$ sudo systemctl status firewalld
● firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service; enabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: inactive (dead) since Di 2016-11-08 09:10:46 CET; 3s ago
   Process: 724 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/firewalld --nofork --nopid
$FIREWALLD_ARGS (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Main PID: 724 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

but i got the same error!