[ovirt-users] gluster - Volume quota failed

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 10:39:10 UTC 2016

On 11/11/16 09:26, knarra wrote:
> On 11/11/2016 01:07 PM, lejeczek wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>     Could you please tell us what is the version of
>>> glusterfs you are using ? For 3.7.0 / 3.7.1 30700
>>> op-version is applicable. If you have greater version
>>> you would need to bump up the op-version and check if
>>> quota enable works.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> kasturi.
>>>
>> it is glusterfs-3.7.16-1.el7.x86_64 - so it's higher,
>> correct? And if yes why gluster did set it 30700?
>> What value should there be?
> Could you please set the op-version to 30712 and try
> enabling quota. Ideally, when a fresh install of glusterfs
> is done op version is set to correct value. When a upgrade
> of node is done then user has to go and bump up the
> op-version.

hi, thanks,
like I mentioned earlier - no earlier setup, gluster was
installed yes, older versions but never was in use, not a
single volume was set up.

I'd have question still about quotas:  I've started googling
but have to failed - glusterfs does not translate local FS
(xfs) quotas and presents them to its clients, does it?
It is only glusterfs own quota functions that we have to
manage quotas?