[ovirt-users] 2 Vlans on one VM nic

Edward Haas ehaas at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 14:50:14 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 4:31 PM, David MOUCHOIR <david.mouchoir at isae.fr>
wrote:

> Hi
> Does anyone knows how to configure a VM nic with more than 1 vNIC ?
> Or How to create a vNIC with 2 tagged VLANs ?
>
> I need to transmit 2 tagged (or more) VLANs to only 1 interface in my VM

> Regards
> D.Mouchoir

You need to define a non-vlan network, attach it to a NIC that connects as
a trunk to the switch.
The vNIC needs to be linked to this network and on the VM (console) itself,
define your VLAN/s over the vnic.

You will also need to disable mac-spoofing (on 4.0, you have it as a filter
in the GUI, on 3.6 you have a hook to disable it).

Let us know how it goes.
Edy.