[ovirt-users] 2 Vlans on one VM nic

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 18:54:23 UTC 2016

Il 17/Nov/2016 16:37, "David MOUCHOIR" <david.mouchoir at isae.fr> ha scritto:

> Ok, I'll try to do so and will post the result
> The problem would be that I'll need one nic per different Vlan trunk if I
do not misunderstand

> Le jeudi 17 novembre 2016 à 16:50 +0200, Edward Haas a écrit :
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 4:31 PM, David MOUCHOIR <david.mouchoir at isae.fr>
wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > Does anyone knows how to configure a VM nic with more than 1 vNIC ?
> > > Or How to create a vNIC with 2 tagged VLANs ?
> > >
> > > I need to transmit 2 tagged (or more) VLANs to only 1 interface in my
VM

> > > Regards
> > > D.Mouchoir

No, on the hypervisor side you will have a physical nic that you configure
as non tagged network in ovirt.
The port on the physical network switch where the physical nic connects
should be configured as a trunk and allow all the vlan ids you want it to
transport.
Then on the vm you configure one single vnic on this oVirt network and
configure at os level all the vlan ids you want into the vm itself. See
here for the methods landing page:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Networking_Guide/ch-Configure_802_1Q_VLAN_Tagging.html
And this for the manual one and ifcfg files syntax:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Networking_Guide/sec-Configure_802_1Q_VLAN_Tagging_Using_the_Command_Line.html

Hih,
Gianluca