[ovirt-users] GFS2 and OCFS2 for Shared Storage

Fernando Frediani fernando.frediani at upx.com.br
Wed Nov 23 13:27:24 UTC 2016

Hello Nicolas. Thanks for your reply.

As you correctly said GlusterFS is not Block Storare but it is
Distributed Storage. There are scenarios where it simply doesn't apply
like a Shared Block storage between physical servers in a chassis or
simply shared DAS (Direct Attached Storage). Otherwise would you would
unnecessarily use network throughput which can be better used for other
things like VM legit traffic and not have the best performance you could
reading/writing directly from/to a Shared Block Storage.

Distributed storage is always a great mindset for newer scenarios, but
it doesn't apply to all scenarios and I wouldn't think Redhat would
direct people to a single way.

Fernando