[ovirt-users] ovirtmgmt manual bridge cannot be used in ovirt 4.0

joost at familiealbers.nl joost at familiealbers.nl
Mon Nov 28 11:24:48 UTC 2016

Hi All,

In our ovirt 3.5 setup. i have always setup the ovirtmgmt bridge
manually .
The bridge consisted of 2 nic's

I'd have /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf list net_persist = ifcfg

When i then deployed the host from the ovirt ui or api it would install
and would display the network setup correctly in the ui.

On ovirt 4. (vdsm-4.18.15.3-1.el7.centos.x86_64)
I seem unable to follow the same approach.

In the engine logs i get among other things

'If the interface ovirtmgmt is a bridge, it should be torn-down
manually. '

the interface is indeed a bridge with two nics which i would like to
keep this way.

On the host vdsm.log i get limited info,

when start a python terminal to obtain netinfo i get this

>>> from vdsm.tool import unified_persistence
>>> unified_persistence.netswitch.netinfo()
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/network/netswitch.py",
line 298, in netinfo
     _netinfo = netinfo_get(compatibility=compatibility)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/network/netinfo/cache.py", line
109, in get
     return _get(vdsmnets)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/network/netinfo/cache.py", line
101, in _get
     report_network_qos(networking)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/network/netinfo/qos.py",
line 46, in report_network_qos
     iface, = host_ports
ValueError: too many values to unpack

As it appears the line in question does not like to deal with a list of
nics i think.
but either way.

Is in ovirt 4 the ability to use the ovirtmgmt bridge with multiple
nics removed?
If so what can i do to stick to what we have done in the past.

Thanks.