[ovirt-users] adding new node through WAN - fatal: Unable to negotiate a key exchange method [preauth]

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 13:18:52 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Grzegorz Szypa
<grzegorz.szypa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Did you meet ever with  problem, when you try to add new node to quite new
> oVirt Engine via Gui and get Error :
>
> engine.log:
>
> 2016-11-30 12:50:55,453 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.hostdeploy.AddVdsCommand] (default task-23)
> [178c9385] Failed to establish session with host 'node1': SSH session closed
> during connection '["my new node"]'
> 2016-11-30 12:50:55,453 WARN
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.hostdeploy.AddVdsCommand] (default task-23)
> [178c9385] Validation of action 'AddVds' failed for user
> admin at internal-authz. Reasons: VAR__ACTION__ADD,VAR__TYPE__HOST,$server
> vmsrv1.szypa.net,VDS_CANNOT_CONNECT_TO_SERVER
>

> in the end node I only got error that there is not possible, to exchange key
> between two hosts:
>
> there is log form /var/log/secure:
>
> fatal: Unable to negotiate a key exchange method [preauth]
>
> In network I found that it could be a problem with key exchange method,
> which is not available on some host.
>
> SSH connection between this two hosts work fine so I do not understand why
> it does not work?

Please try this, from the engine machine, as user root:

ssh -i /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/engine_id_rsa HOST

Replace "HOST" with the name or address you input in the field "Address"
in the "New Host" dialog. I think that's 'node1', from above.

Does it work? If not, please check sshd configuration/logs on the host.

Best,
--
Didi