[ovirt-users] ovirt 4.0.3 and Active directory

Ondra Machacek omachace at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 11:13:44 EDT 2016

On 09/21/2016 04:53 PM, nicola.gentile.to wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed ovirt 4.0.3 on my servers. Now I would add
> authentication with active directory, for user portal.
>
> In the previous version I have used the following command:
>
>     engine-manage-domains add --domain=mydomain --provider=ad
> --user=myuser --add-permissions
>
> but now this command there isn't.
>
> I found this command ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap-setup and now I ask
> you if this command is the substitute, this command is not present on my
> installation, I must add it I suppose.
>
> Is there an howto page on the documentation to help me?

There is README in the 'ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap' package.

  $ rpm -qd ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap

What you need to do is just to install setup package:

  $ yum install ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap-setup

And then run command:

  $ ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap-setup

The setup will guide you throughout the process.