[ovirt-users] Migrating ovirt-engine from local storage to glusterfs

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 15:22:17 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Fedele Stabile <
fedele.stabile at fis.unical.it> wrote:

> Hello,
> is it possible to copy the image of my ovirt-engine from local-storage
> to glusterfs?

Sorry but I don't understand the question.

With 'copy the image of my ovirt-engine from local-storage to glusterfs' do
you mean that you have your engine on a physical and you want to migrate it
to an hosted-engine (the engine runs on a VM hosted by one of the host that
it's managing) env using gluster FS for your  shared storage?

If so, you can follow this:
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/migrate-to-hosted-engine/

Moving an existing hosted-engine env from one storage kind (but local
storage has never been an allowed option) to another is currently not
supported instead. Please see:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2016-July/041526.html