[ovirt-users] Gluster and oVirt 4.0 questions

Jim Kusznir jim at palousetech.com
Sat Apr 1 17:02:02 UTC 2017

Thank you!

Here's the output of gluster volume info:
[root at ovirt1 ~]# gluster volume info

Volume Name: data
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: e670c488-ac16-4dd1-8bd3-e43b2e42cc59
Number of Bricks: 1 x (2 + 1) = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: ovirt1.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick2/data
Brick2: ovirt2.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick2/data
Brick3: ovirt3.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick2/data (arbiter)
Options Reconfigured:
performance.strict-o-direct: on
nfs.disable: on
user.cifs: off
network.ping-timeout: 30
cluster.shd-max-threads: 6
cluster.shd-wait-qlength: 10000
cluster.locking-scheme: granular
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full
performance.low-prio-threads: 32
features.shard-block-size: 512MB
features.shard: on
storage.owner-gid: 36
storage.owner-uid: 36
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
cluster.quorum-type: auto
network.remote-dio: enable
cluster.eager-lock: enable
performance.stat-prefetch: off
performance.io-cache: off
performance.read-ahead: off
performance.quick-read: off
performance.readdir-ahead: on
server.allow-insecure: on

Volume Name: engine
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 87ad86b9-d88b-457e-ba21-5d3173c612de
Number of Bricks: 1 x (2 + 1) = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: ovirt1.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick1/engine
Brick2: ovirt2.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick1/engine
Brick3: ovirt3.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick1/engine (arbiter)
Options Reconfigured:
performance.readdir-ahead: on
performance.quick-read: off
performance.read-ahead: off
performance.io-cache: off
performance.stat-prefetch: off
cluster.eager-lock: enable
network.remote-dio: off
cluster.quorum-type: auto
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
storage.owner-uid: 36
storage.owner-gid: 36
features.shard: on
features.shard-block-size: 512MB
performance.low-prio-threads: 32
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full
cluster.locking-scheme: granular
cluster.shd-wait-qlength: 10000
cluster.shd-max-threads: 6
network.ping-timeout: 30
user.cifs: off
nfs.disable: on
performance.strict-o-direct: on

Volume Name: export
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 04ee58c7-2ba1-454f-be99-26ac75a352b4
Number of Bricks: 1 x (2 + 1) = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: ovirt1.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick3/export
Brick2: ovirt2.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick3/export
Brick3: ovirt3.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick3/export (arbiter)
Options Reconfigured:
performance.readdir-ahead: on
performance.quick-read: off
performance.read-ahead: off
performance.io-cache: off
performance.stat-prefetch: off
cluster.eager-lock: enable
network.remote-dio: off
cluster.quorum-type: auto
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
storage.owner-uid: 36
storage.owner-gid: 36
features.shard: on
features.shard-block-size: 512MB
performance.low-prio-threads: 32
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full
cluster.locking-scheme: granular
cluster.shd-wait-qlength: 10000
cluster.shd-max-threads: 6
network.ping-timeout: 30
user.cifs: off
nfs.disable: on
performance.strict-o-direct: on

Volume Name: iso
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: b1ba15f5-0f0f-4411-89d0-595179f02b92
Number of Bricks: 1 x (2 + 1) = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: ovirt1.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick4/iso
Brick2: ovirt2.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick4/iso
Brick3: ovirt3.nwfiber.com:/gluster/brick4/iso (arbiter)
Options Reconfigured:
performance.readdir-ahead: on
performance.quick-read: off
performance.read-ahead: off
performance.io-cache: off
performance.stat-prefetch: off
cluster.eager-lock: enable
network.remote-dio: off
cluster.quorum-type: auto
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
storage.owner-uid: 36
storage.owner-gid: 36
features.shard: on
features.shard-block-size: 512MB
performance.low-prio-threads: 32
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full
cluster.locking-scheme: granular
cluster.shd-wait-qlength: 10000
cluster.shd-max-threads: 6
network.ping-timeout: 30
user.cifs: off
nfs.disable: on
performance.strict-o-direct: on

The node marked as (arbiter) on all of the bricks is the node that is not
using any of its disk space.

The engine domain is the volume dedicated for storing the hosted engine.
Here's some LVM info:

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Path                /dev/gluster/engine
  LV Name                engine
  VG Name                gluster
  LV UUID                4gZ1TF-a1PX-i1Qx-o4Ix-MjEf-0HD8-esm3wg
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Creation host, time ovirt1.nwfiber.com, 2016-12-31 14:40:00 -0800
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                25.00 GiB
  Current LE             6400
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           253:2

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                lvthinpool
  VG Name                gluster
  LV UUID                aaNtso-fN1T-ZAkY-kUF2-dlxf-0ap2-JAwSid
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Creation host, time ovirt1.nwfiber.com, 2016-12-31 14:40:09 -0800
  LV Pool metadata       lvthinpool_tmeta
  LV Pool data           lvthinpool_tdata
  LV Status              available
  # open                 4
  LV Size                150.00 GiB
  Allocated pool data    65.02%
  Allocated metadata     14.92%
  Current LE             38400
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           253:5

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Path                /dev/gluster/data
  LV Name                data
  VG Name                gluster
  LV UUID                NBxLOJ-vp48-GM4I-D9ON-4OcB-hZrh-MrDacn
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Creation host, time ovirt1.nwfiber.com, 2016-12-31 14:40:11 -0800
  LV Pool name           lvthinpool
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                100.00 GiB
  Mapped size            90.28%
  Current LE             25600
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           253:7

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Path                /dev/gluster/export
  LV Name                export
  VG Name                gluster
  LV UUID                bih4nU-1QfI-tE12-ZLp0-fSR5-dlKt-YHkhx8
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Creation host, time ovirt1.nwfiber.com, 2016-12-31 14:40:20 -0800
  LV Pool name           lvthinpool
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                25.00 GiB
  Mapped size            0.12%
  Current LE             6400
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           253:8

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Path                /dev/gluster/iso
  LV Name                iso
  VG Name                gluster
  LV UUID                l8l1JU-ViD3-IFiZ-TucN-tGPE-Toqc-Q3R6uX
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Creation host, time ovirt1.nwfiber.com, 2016-12-31 14:40:29 -0800
  LV Pool name           lvthinpool
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                25.00 GiB
  Mapped size            28.86%
  Current LE             6400
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           253:9

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Path                /dev/centos_ovirt/swap
  LV Name                swap
  VG Name                centos_ovirt
  LV UUID                PcVQ11-hQ9U-9KZT-QPuM-HwT6-8o49-2hzNkQ
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Creation host, time localhost, 2016-12-31 13:56:36 -0800
  LV Status              available
  # open                 2
  LV Size                16.00 GiB
  Current LE             4096
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           253:1

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Path                /dev/centos_ovirt/root
  LV Name                root
  VG Name                centos_ovirt
  LV UUID                g2h2fn-sF0r-Peos-hAE1-WEo9-WENO-MlO3ly
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Creation host, time localhost, 2016-12-31 13:56:36 -0800
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                20.00 GiB
  Current LE             5120
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           253:0

I don't use the export gluster volume, and I've never used lvthinpool-type
allocations before, so I'm not sure if there's anything special there.

I followed the setup instructions from an ovirt contributed documentation
that I can't find now that talked about how to install ovirt with gluster
on a 3-node cluster.

Thank you for your assistance!
--Jim