[ovirt-users] Question about import domain and templates

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 22:09:05 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 11:49 PM, Elad Ben Aharon <ebenahar at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi Gianluca,
>
> If you don't have a copy of the template disk on ST2 it means that the VMs
> were created as deep copy from the template (i.e, they are independent -
> you can check it in the the 'general' VM sub-tab).
>
> If this is the case then you won't have any problem with detaching ST2.

thanks for reply.
In "general" sub-tab I see

Template: my_template_name (Clone/Independent)

So I should be ok.

But for example I can have ST1 and ST2, create a template with disk in ST1,
then a VM from this template again in ST1 and in a second time move the
disk of this VM to ST2
In this case what would happen?

Is it in this screen when I create a VM that it is decided if deep copy or
not as you wrote?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvdTJMdkNTeF84ckk/view?usp=sharing

What would happen in case I choose "Thin" and not "Clone" in storage
allocation part of resource allocation section in the image?

Also, I noticed that if I create a VM from the blank template the Thin
option is checked and both Thin and Clone are greyed out so I cannot change
it
Instead if I choose my template, the "Clone" option is marked as default,
but I can change to Clone....

Gianluca