[ovirt-users] Customized Network Setup?

Charles Tassell charles at islandadmin.ca
Wed Apr 5 04:22:54 UTC 2017

Hi Guys,

   I'm wondering, is it possible to override VDSM and setup my network
interfaces manually?  I've got two Dell servers with dual-10G networking
that I want to use bonded (LACP) for ovirtmgmt and then some 1G
interfaces that I want to use for the VM network/Internet connection.
I've got it working on the box I installed the hosted engine on, but it
won't properly setup the networking on additional hosts.  I've tried
setting up bonding before doing the install (worked fine, ran the New
host setup through the admin GUI, network died); doing the install with
bonding turned off and then adding it in later (didn't create the
ovirtmgmt bridge and the policy routing rules that it uses (I'd REALLY
like to be able to turn that garbage off) didn't get added to bond0...)
In all situations it removes the default route from my standard routing
table so I can't access the machines from outside the subnet...

   I can setup the bonding and bridges manually fairly in 10 minutes,
but I'm worried that VDSM is going to come in and overwrite my config
with the broken stuff if I do that.