[ovirt-users] mapping shell fencing opions with gui ones for ipmilan agent

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 12:47:13 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 10:27 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> executing from host itself the following command it works
>
> [root at ov300 ~]# fence_ipmilan -P -a 10.10.193.103 -l fenceuser -A
> password -L operator -S /usr/local/bin/pwd_ov300.sh -o status
> [root at ov300 ~]#
>
> But I'm unable to obtain successful test result in web admin fencing agent
> config window
>
> I set ip, user, password and ipmilan as agent, and then tried in options
>
> auth=password,privlvl=operator,lanplus=1
> and also
> auth=password,privlvl=operator,lanplus=on
>
> this the only host in cluster so it is the one used for testing by oVirt.
>
> Tipically on these same server in RHEL 6.x ClusterSuite I use this in
> cluster.conf and it works too:
>
>         <fencedevices>
>                 <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" auth="password"
> delay="20" ipaddr="10.10.193.107" lanplus="1" login="fenceuser"
> name="dracnode01" passwd_script="/usr/local/bin/pwd_dracnode01.sh"
> privlvl="operator"/>
>
> Any hint on correct mapping of parameters for oVirt?
> Thanks,
> Gianluca

Possibly the auth method is not to be inserted as option, because it is
implicit... The test succeeds with these parameters:

privlvl=operator,lanplus=on

I will further check the correct functionality.

BTW: in the bottom left of the power mgmt configuration window ther is a
link named "Fencing Options". Currently it sends me (not able to see if it
is a redirect..) to this link that is not related:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Fedorahosted-retirement

Gianluca