[ovirt-users] SKD4

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Thu Apr 6 14:17:02 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Fabrice Bacchella <
fabrice.bacchella at orange.fr> wrote:

> > Le 6 avr. 2017 à 15:47, Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> a écrit :
> >

> > Perhaps in your case. Here[1] is an example of the ovirt system tests,
> which were only partially converted (work in progress...) to v4 API.
>
> yes that really related to my use case.
>
> Another problem that I have with lack of documentation, that REST API
> documentation or samples don't provide.
>
> In python, what does vms_service.list(search='name=NotExistingVM') will
> return ? It's not stated in the REST documentation, but it's even worst in
> python.

You could file a bug for documentation, or better yet, contribute a patch
to it.
A patch to a basic example for negative cases would be very helpful as well.
An example of a patch[1] for the SDK examples from someone who found it is
lacking.

Let me know if I can help you with contributing the example. Start here[2]
TIA,
Y.

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/75076/
[2] http://www.ovirt.org/develop/dev-process/working-with-gerrit/