[ovirt-users] mount glusterfs from 127.0.0.1

Jason Brooks jbrooks at redhat.com
Thu Apr 6 20:47:23 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 1:33 PM, /dev/null <devnull at linuxitil.org> wrote:
> Jason,
>
> yes - thats how i am doing it. I wonder if its better to access the local bricks
> primarily for both relyability and performance/load.
>
> - if one node fails, it does not mean an impact if we access 127.0.0.1
> - if i write to 127.0.0.1 it might be faster than accessing on network host from all
> hypervisors
> - backup-volfile-servers was set to the other nodes if local gluster fails
>
> My question is, if it´s critical to access all replicas simultanly.

I think that using localhost on each node will lead to split-brain.
With the backup volfile setting taking care of failover, I don't think
mounting at localhost buys you anything, anyway. Gluster already
handles spreading out the load among the hosts on its own, when you're
using the native gluster mounts (vs nfs, where you are accessing
through the specified mount point).