[ovirt-users] spice folder sharing

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Thu Apr 13 15:22:25 UTC 2017

Fortunately, you answered to me before I spend to much time to debug
something that can't work... (compiling phodav on el6 is awful)

I had time to make a hook to add a spiceport device, if someone could be
interested:

#!/usr/bin/python2

import os
import sys
import hooking
import traceback

'''
spice file_sharing vdsm hook
================
adding spice file sharing to libvirt domain entry:

<devices>
     <channel type='spiceport'>
         <source channel='org.spice-space.webdav.0'/>
         <target type='virtio' name='org.spice-space.webdav.0'/>
     </channel>
</devices>
'''

try:
     domxml = hooking.read_domxml()
     devices = domxml.getElementsByTagName('devices')[0]
     channel = domxml.createElement('channel')
     channel.setAttribute('type', 'spiceport')
     devices.appendChild(channel)

     source = domxml.createElement('source')
     source.setAttribute('channel', 'org.spice-space.webdav.0')
     channel.appendChild(source)

     target = domxml.createElement('target')
     target.setAttribute('type', 'virtio')
     target.setAttribute('name', 'org.spice-space.webdav.0')
     channel.appendChild(target)

     hooking.write_domxml(domxml)

except:
     sys.stderr.write('spice file sharing: [unexpected error]: %s\n' %
                      traceback.format_exc())
     sys.exit(2)

blanchet at abes.fr