[ovirt-users] storage redundancy in Ovirt

Dan Yasny dyasny at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 01:16:21 UTC 2017

When you set up a storage domain, you need to specify a host to perform the
initial storage operations, but once the SD is defined, it's details are in
the engine database, and all the hosts get connected to it directly. If the
first host you used to define the SD goes down, all other hosts will still
remain connected and work. SPM is an HA service, and if the current SPM
host goes down, SPM gets started on another host in the DC. In short,
unless your actual NFS exporting host goes down, there is no outage.