[ovirt-users] storage redundancy in Ovirt

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Mon Apr 17 13:06:53 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 8:24 AM Konstantin Raskoshnyi <konrasko at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But actually, it didn't work well. After main SPM host went down I see this
> [image: Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 10.22.00 PM.png]
>
> 2017-04-17 05:23:15,554Z ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.IrsProxy]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler5) [4dcc033d-26bf-49bb-bfaa-03a970dbbec1] SPM Init:
> could not find reported vds or not up - pool: 'STG' vds_spm_id: '1'
> 2017-04-17 05:23:15,567Z INFO
>  [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.IrsProxy]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler5) [4dcc033d-26bf-49bb-bfaa-03a970dbbec1] SPM
> selection - vds seems as spm 'tank5'
> 2017-04-17 05:23:15,567Z WARN
>  [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.IrsProxy]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler5) [4dcc033d-26bf-49bb-bfaa-03a970dbbec1] spm vds is
> non responsive, stopping spm selection.
>
> So that means only if BMC is up it's possible to automatically switch  SPM
> host?

BMC?

If your SPM is no responsive, the system will try to fence it. Did you
configure power management for all hosts? did you check that it
work? How did you simulate non-responsive host?

If power management is not configured or fail, the system cannot
move the spm to another host, unless you manually confirm that the
SPM host was rebooted.

Nir