[ovirt-users] options for fence_ipmilan?

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 17:17:04 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 12:16 PM, Matthias Leopold <
> matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> i'm trying to make fencing (via ipmilan) work with a ipmi user with only
>> "OPERATOR" privileges. This works with CLI (-L OPERATOR). when trying to
>> configure this via GUI i fail. interface tells me
>>
>> Test failed: [WARNING:root:Parse error: Ignoring unknown option
>> 'L=OPERATOR', , ERROR:root:Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or
>> plug is not available, , , Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or
>> plug is not available, , ]
>>
>> i tried "-L OPERATOR" and "L=OPERATOR", with and without quotes, no
>> avail...

​Hi,

please take a look at man page of fence_ipmilan agent, there are 2 types of

1. Command line options like '-L'
2. Stdin options like 'privlvl'

For 'Options' field of power management agent in oVirt you need to use
stdin options, so please add 'privlvl=operator' into Options as already
Gianluca suggested

Thanks

Martin