[ovirt-users] [Python-SDK][Ovirt-4.0] Create VM on specific Host.

TranceWorldLogic . tranceworldlogic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 06:41:41 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was trying to create VM on specific HOST using python sdk as shown below.

------ Code -------------------
vm = vms_service.add(  ....
                        host = types.Host(
                            name = "host-01",
                        ),
          )
------ End Code -------------------

It created VM successfully, but when I see in ovirt GUI I saw that VM is
not bonded with specific host.

Ovirt GUI:
Virtual Machines -> click on VM -> "Edit" button -> In advance menu ->
"Host" tab
Start Running On:
   o  Any Host in Cluster  <== This option got selected
   o  Specific Host(s)   <== *I want this option to select.*

Please help me to bind VM to specific Host via Python SDK

Thanks,
~Rohit