[ovirt-users] Communicate between the guest vm's hosted on, different hosts on different data centres using OVS

Charles Tassell ctassell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 22:59:48 UTC 2017

Hi Suresh,

   You would need to connect the two OVN instances somehow.  If it's
just two single hosts, I think the easiest way would be to create a VPN
connection between the two hosts with OpenVPN or the like and then add
the tun/tap interfaces into the OVN on each box.  You might run into
problems if you start adding more hosts though, as if the host with the
VPN goes down it would disconnect the two datacenters.

   If the two datacenters are on the same physical network (ie, you just
mean oVirt datacenter and not different colocation providers) then
adding a VLAN to the NICs connected to the OVN interface would work.
You would probably have to setup some sort of channel bonding/LACP as
you add more hosts, but OVN should be able to handle that simply enough.