[ovirt-users] Disable memory balloon on cluster not adopted by new VMs

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 22:14:40 UTC 2017

Hello,
I'm in 4.1.1.
I create a cluster that (seems by default) has in the "Optimization"
section the parameter:

Enable Memory Balloon Optimization

checked.
I notice that then, when I create a new VM, by default it has in its
"Resource Allocation" section the "Memory Balloon Device Enable" part
checked too.
So far so good... I don't know actually if this fact is inherited by the
cluster configuration.

In a second time I edit the cluster and disable the Memory Balloon
Optimization parameter.
Still when I create a VM it has Memory Balloon device enabled...

Is this expected? I presume that if I disable at cluster level, this will
have no effect for a VM of that cluster...

Any comment welcome.

Bye,
Gianluca