[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.1.1 and ovn problems

Marcin Mirecki mmirecki at redhat.com
Sun Apr 23 21:32:26 UTC 2017

Hello Gianluca,

Can you please check the ovn north db log.
This is placed in /var/log/openvswitch/ovsdb-server-nb.log
Please check if the logs has any new entries when you try to connect and
when you issue the 'ovn-nbctl set-connection ptcp:6641' command.
If the connection attempt is getting through, pvs db should print an error
to the log.

Please also try restarting the ovn-northd service.

Do the ovn-controllers connect to the south-db?
You can verify this by looking at /var/log/openvswitch/ovn-controller.log
on the ovn-controller host (please look for entries saying "... <north
ip>:6642 connected")

Marcin

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <
> gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I installed some months ago a test setup in 4.1.0 with ovn.
>> Now after updating engine and host to 4.1.1 it seems the services are up
>> but it doesn't work.
>> If I run a VM with a network device in OVN external provider, it cant'
>> boot and I get this in engine.log:
>>

>> [snip]
>

>> At the page
>> https://www.ovirt.org/blog/2016/11/ovirt-provider-ovn/
>>
>> I see this note about ports:
>>
>> "
>> Since OVS 2.7, OVN central must be configured to listen to requests on
>> appropriate ports:
>>
>> ovn-sbctl set-connection ptcp:6642
>> ovn-nbctl set-connection ptcp:6641
>> "
>>
>> and in my case I indeed passed from 2.6.90 to 2.7.0...
>>
>> Do I need to run these two commands?
>> Or any other configuration settings?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Gianluca
>>

> I confirm that after running these two commands all work ok again and I'm
> able to start a VM with a vnic provided by the OVN provider
>
> [root at ractorshe ~]# ovn-sbctl set-connection ptcp:6642
> [root at ractorshe ~]# ovn-nbctl set-connection ptcp:6641
> [root at ractorshe ~]#

MARCIN mIRECKI

Red Hat

<https://www.redhat.com>