[ovirt-users] engine upgrade 4.1.0 => 4.1.1, no more engine console available

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 21:38:55 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 7:01 PM, Sharon Gratch <sgratch at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <
> gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Evgenia Tokar <etokar at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> 1. In the UI under vm devices tab do you have an entry for graphical
>>> device (type=spice)?
>>>

>> It doesn't seem so...
>> Se the whole content:
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvblV3dDlMelVFS1U
>> /view?usp=sharing
>>

> According to the vm devices list you sent here, there is also no ​entry
> for for the video device (device with type=qxl)​, although according to one
> of your previous mails, the vm "general" sub tab shows "Video Type: qxl".

I confirm that. But please note that in the same general sub tab the
"Graphics Protocol" appears as "None", while normally it should contain
"SPICE".
I resend the link of the general sub tab screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvUURobHhKb0kxemM/
view?usp=sharing

> 1. Can you please check the vm console configuration to see if headless
> mode is off, just to make sure?  (in ui - edit the vm and check the console
> tab to see if the "Headless mode" is not checked).
>
> (*) headless mode is a new feature added to 4.1

I confirm headless is not checked.
See here (you see underneath also the general sub tab):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvQVhzaGFHSmoxaGc/view?usp=sharing

> 2. what values are assigned in vm console tab for "Video Type" and
> "Graphics protocol" fields?
>

>From the above screenshot you see that they are "QXL" and "SPICE"

> Thanks,
> Sharon

You are welcome.
I have another environment with single server and she, with similar update
history and now at 4.1.1.6-1 level, where I had not the problem, but in
that environment the engine was configured as "VNC" and "Cirrus" so it was
not the same.