[ovirt-users] Ovirt Engine Can't See The Gluster Storage

knarra knarra at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 12:34:32 UTC 2017

On 04/25/2017 02:17 PM, khalid wrote:
> dear ovirt users team
>
> i have issued :
>
> six server installed glusterfs configured with replica 3 when the
> first 3 servers of gluster down the ovirt engine can't see the gluster
> domain storage  , but i know when the first or last 3 server down must
> the domain storage in read only is that right and how you can help me
> with this isuues.
>
> best regards

Hi,

      i just have few questions to understand your issue.

1) Any reason you are using six servers? are you trying to create
distribute replicate / replica 3 volume?

2) If you are using six servers are the bricks of the volume present on
all the nodes or just the first three or last three nodes?

3) Once you have the gluster volume has it been added as a storage
domain in ovirt-UI? If the gluster volume is added as storage domain to
UI only then ovirt engine can see this.

4) so when you have replica 3 volume configured on three nodes if two
nodes goes down then system will go to read-only file system.

5) what is the error you are facing ?

Thanks

kasturi