[ovirt-users] import data domain

Elad Ben Aharon ebenahar at redhat.com
Sun Jul 2 11:09:36 UTC 2017

In which state was the domain before it got destroyed? If it was in
maintenance state and your oVirt version is higher than 4.0, the VMs
configuration files (ovf) are saved on the domain upon its movement to
maintenance.
Hence, in case it went through a graceful maintenance procedure, all
configuration of the VMs that had disks attached, reside on that domain,
should exist on it.
After import to this domain, you'll be able to register these VMs.