[ovirt-users] Virtual Machine looses connectivity with no clear explanation

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Mon Jul 3 14:22:36 UTC 2017

I have a rather strange issue which is affecting one of my last deployed
Hypervisors. It is a CentOS 7 (not a oVirt Node) which runs only 3
Virtual Machines.

One of these VMs have a reasonable output traffic at peaks (500 -
700Mbps) and the hypervisor underneath is connected to the switch via a
bonding (mode=2) which in turn creates bond0.XX interfaces which are
connected to different bridges for each network. The VM in question is
connected to bridge "ovirtmgmt".

When the problem happens the VM stops passing traffic and cannot reach
even the router or other VMs in the same Layer 2. Seems the bridge stop
passing traffic for that particular VM. Other VMs work fine since they
were created. When this problem happens I just need to go to its Console
and run a reboot (Ctrl-Alt-Del), don't even need to Power Off and Power
On again using oVirt Engine.
I have even re-installed this VMs operating system from scratch but the
problem persists. Have also changed the vNic mac address in the case
(already check) of conflicted mac addresses somewhere in that Layer 2.

Last, my hypervisor machine (due a mistake) has been running with
SElinux disabled, not sure if it could have anything to do with this
behavior.

Anyway, anyone has ever seen any behavior like that ?

Thanks
Fernando