[ovirt-users] Networking and oVirt 4.1

Dominik Holler dholler at redhat.com
Wed Jul 5 20:05:23 UTC 2017

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 15:27:36 +0200
Gabriel Stein <gabrielstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm installing oVirt for the first time and I'm having some issues
> with the Networking.
>
> Setup:
>
> OS: CentOS 7 Mininal
> 3 Bare Metal Servers(1 for Engine, 2 for Nodes).
> Network:
> Nn Trunk Interfaces with VLANs and Bridges.
> e.g.:
> trunk.100, VLAN: 100, Bridge: vmbr100. IPV4 only.
>
> I have already a VLAN for MGMNT, without DHCP Server(not needed for
> oVirt, but explaining my setup).
>

> Networking works as expected, I can ping/ssh each host without
> problems.
>
> On the two nodes, I have a Interface named ovirtmgmt and dhcp...
>
> Question 1: What kind of configuration can I use here? Can I set
> static IPs from VLAN MGMNT and put everything from oVirt on that
> VLAN?

Yes.

> oVirt doens't have a Internal DHCP Server for Nodes, or?

oVirt doens't have an internal DHCP Server.

> Question 2: Should I leave oVirt to Setup it(ovirtmgmt Interface) for
> me?

I would use the comfort oVirt provides to configure the hosts, if there
is not a good reason to take the burden on me.

> Problems:
>
> I configured the Engine with the IP 1.1.1.1, and I reach the web
> interface with https://FQDN( which is IP: 1.1.1.1)
>
> But, when I add a Host to the Cluster, I have some errors:
>
> "Host XXXX does not comply with the cluster Default networks, the
> following networks are missing on host: 'ovirtmgmt'"

Try to use the "Setup Host Networks" functionality of oVirt.
If you select a host in the Administration Portal, there is
a tab labeled "Network Interfaces", which provides a button "Setup Host
Networks".
In the "Setup Host Networks" dialog is a graphical representation of
all logical networks, which can be assigned by drag'n drop to the
network interfaces of the host.

> Question 3: I saw that Engine tries to call dhclient and Setup an IP
> for it, but could I have  static IPs? Where can I configure it?

In the "Setup Host Networks" dialog each assigned logical network has an
icon of a pencil, which can be used to open an other dialog to
configure IP addresses.