[ovirt-users] oVirt Node 4.1.2 offering RC update?

Vinícius Ferrão ferrao at if.ufrj.br
Sat Jul 8 02:12:48 UTC 2017

Hello,

I’ve noted a strange thing on oVirt. On the Hosted Engine an update was offered and I was a bit confused, since I’m running the latest oVirt Node release.

To check if 4.1.3 was already released I issued an “yum update” on the command line and for my surprise an RC release was offered. This not seems to be right:

======================================================================================================================
 Package                        Arch       Version                                                Repository     Size
======================================================================================================================
Installing:
 ovirt-node-ng-image-update     noarch     4.1.3-0.3.rc3.20170622082156.git47b4302.el7.centos     ovirt-4.1     544 M
     replacing  ovirt-node-ng-image-update-placeholder.noarch 4.1.2-1.el7.centos
Updating:
 ovirt-engine-appliance         noarch     4.1-20170622.1.el7.centos                              ovirt-4.1     967 M

Transaction Summary
Install  1 Package
Upgrade  1 Package

Total download size: 1.5 G
Is this ok [y/d/N]: N

Is this normal behavior? This isn’t really good, since it can lead to stable to unstable moves on production. If this is normal, how can we avoid it?

Thanks,
V.